Interested in becoming a NO Days Featured Artist?

Interested in becoming a NO Days Featured Artist?



Want to share your artwork made using NO Days products with the world? We want to help you promote your work! We love seeing the various ways artists are using NO Days products! We share our Featured Artist spotlight with our newsletter subscribers, our Facebook friends and fans, on our Featured Artist Page and right here on our blog, linking back to your website.

Simply send an email to info@nodaysadhesives.com with the subject: Featured Artist. Be sure to include your name, email address, and website (if you have one) along with a brief bio and pictures of yourself and your artwork made with NO Days Products. Not sure what to include in a bio? Tell us how you became interested in playing with glass or crafts. How about where you get your inspiration? Oh! And don't forget to tell us why you love using NO Days!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Q&A Monday ~ Cleaning the Needle Tip on No Days Liquid Fusing Adhesive

Subject: Streuter Technologies: How to clean needle tip?

Is there any way to clean the needle tip for use with the No Days glue? It seems to be plugged, and I can't get it to work.

Thank you for any help-
X
Tiger Lily Flower Mandala plate created with frits using No Days Liquid Fusing Adhesive
Fused Glass Frit Painting done using No Days Liquid Fusing Adhesive

Dear X ~
My first question is which No Days glue are you using? Is it the No Days Liquid Fusing Adhesive or the HoneyDoo Zuper Glue? We sell both, and I just want to make sure I'm giving you the right answer.
I'm going to assume the No Days Liquid Fusing Adhesive (LFA)...
When the LFA dries, it is super strong! It can clog the tip or glue the needle in the tip, as well. However, the LFA will soften itself. If my tip (lid) is stuck together, I'll generally turn the bottle upside down for a few seconds and then wait for a bit and try to open the tip again. Sometimes I have to use my pliers to help pry the needle out. I have broken the needle off before, though, so make sure to let it soak itself.
If you're able to take the tip off of the bottle, you can soak it in acetone (nail polish remover) or denatured alcohol for awhile and then try to unclog it.
Let me know if this helps and if I'm answering the right question:)
Good luck!
Carrie
No Days Liquid Fusing Adhesive
No Days Liquid Fusing Adhesive
with needle nose applicator tip
 
Thanks, Carrie!  I finally got it unplugged- but yes, I was referring to the Liquid Fusing Adhesive.  (I did have a bottle of the HoneyDoo Zuper glue too, but that stuff totally dried up for some reason) * Anyway, I will try holding the bottle upside down and see if that works next time- but for this time, I was finally able to get it unplugged with a straight pin, working from both ends, and blowing on it.  That could have been the solution to the problem, however I think it was laying on it's side for a few minutes, so maybe that was what opened it up!
Thanks for your help- 
Best wishes!

Honey Doo Zuper Glue
HoneyDoo Zuper Glue

*The shelf life of the HoneyDoo Zuper Glue is 9-12 months. After awhile, it will dry up. You can extend the shelf life of the Zuper Glue by storing it in a refrigerated area.

No Days Instructor and Support
Carrie Strope Sohayda

Hi, there! Carrie, here...

Not only do I travel the country teaching folks how to use No Days adhesives (and other techniques), but I also answer customer support emails about using No Days. So, if you're having an issue with the adhesives, chances are good that I'll be answering your questions!

Since I get so many good questions, I thought it might be a great learning opportunity for people that may be having some of the same issues but haven't thought to email us. Don't worry, I'll keep the emails anonymous!
Also, don't forget that we've got a lot of really fabulous videos (I put those together, too...) on our YouTube channel. So for those of you who are visual learners (umm...we're visual artists, right?), you may want to check them out!

If you've got questions, feel free to contact us at info@streuter.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment