Interested in becoming a NO Days Featured Artist?

Interested in becoming a NO Days Featured Artist?



Want to share your artwork made using NO Days products with the world? We want to help you promote your work! We love seeing the various ways artists are using NO Days products! We share our Featured Artist spotlight with our newsletter subscribers, our Facebook friends and fans, on our Featured Artist Page and right here on our blog, linking back to your website.

Simply send an email to info@nodaysadhesives.com with the subject: Featured Artist. Be sure to include your name, email address, and website (if you have one) along with a brief bio and pictures of yourself and your artwork made with NO Days Products. Not sure what to include in a bio? Tell us how you became interested in playing with glass or crafts. How about where you get your inspiration? Oh! And don't forget to tell us why you love using NO Days!

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

No Days Liquid Fusing Adhesive - clean up

Hi:
what is the best way to clean a brush after using it to apply No Days Liquid Fusing Adhesive?
Thank you,
R

No Days Liquid Fusing Adhesive is the BEST fusing adhesive!



Hello, R ~

When I'm using a brush with No Days Liquid Fusing Adhesive, I'll generally have a paper towel next to me while working. I use it occasionally to wick some of the adhesive off of the brush (and little bits of frit when I get build up).

When I'm finished working, I'll just wipe the brush off on the paper towel by "painting" excess adhesive onto the paper towel. Then, I just let it dry. I generally dedicate this brush (actually, I have two dedicated brushes) to working with No Days. It will harden up, but when I use it on the next project, the brush will get saturated again and soften up.

However, if you don't want to dedicate a brush for working with No Days, then you can clean it up when you're done with a bit of oil. Any oil you've got lying around will work. I generally use canola oil, or cutting oil, because they're right there. Place the oil in a cap, small container, jar lid, etc. and paint the brush around in it. After getting it thoroughly saturated, put a bit of dish soap in the palm of your hand and swish the brush around in it. Rinse and then, VOILA! Clean and ready to use on something else!

Alternatively, you can use acetone (or acetone based fingernail polish remover). Just place a bit of the acetone in a jar and soak and clean the bristles in the acetone. But, I prefer the oil and soap method.

Hope this helps! If you have more questions or this didn't fully answer your question, feel free to contact me again!
Good luck!


Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment